LPGA/USGA Girls Golf
LPGA-USGA Girls Golf, a developmental junior golf program for girls ages 7-17, was formed to create a network for girls to learn to play golf, build friendships and sample competition in a positive and supportive learning environment. Girls work with an LPGA or PGA instructor to learn the basics in rules, etiquette, full swing, short game and putting. All levels of experience are welcome!
Being A Girls Golf Member Comes With Perks!
LPGA-USGA Girls Golf membership benefits include:
- Quality junior instruction from LPGA/PGA Professionals
- An LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Membership Kit (Equipped with Girls Golf logoed golf accessories)
- FREE entry into all LPGA, Symetra, and USGA Championships
- Scholarship opportunities through the LPGA Foundation
- Access to National Girls Golf events, including the Grils Golf Academy
- LPGA-USGA Girls Golf e-Newsletters
2016 Dates for Boundary Oak Clinics are as Scheduled:
Sunday March 13 Skills Clinic 4-5:30
Sunday April 10 Skills Clinic 4:15-5:30
Friday May 6 Play Day at Boundary Oak
Sunday May 22 Skills Clinic 4:15-5:30
Friday June 3 Play Day Location TBD
Friday June 24 Play Day at Boundary Oak
Sunday July 24 Skills Clinic 4:15-5:30
Friday August 12 Play Day Buchanan Fields
Sunday August 21 Skills Clinic 4:15-5:30
Sunday September 25 Skills Clinic 4:15/5:30
Friday September 30 Play Day Buchanan Fields
Sunday November 13 Skills Clinic 3:15-4:30
How To Sign Up:
- Register online at www.thefirstteecontracosta.org. Click the orange button that says "register" adn scroll down to teh LPGA/USGA Girls Golf class at Boundary Oak. The first time you register you will be asked to create an account. Please enter the parent/guardian's information as the account holder. Then add the participant's information.
- To become a member of the National LPGA Girls Golf program, be eiligible for additional programs and scholarships adn receive a prize package, go to http://tinyrul.com/nmxsnly and follow the instructions to sign up. At the end you will be asked to pay $16 per daughter for the LPGA National Membership. Please explore the many tabs on the website so you can see what the national program is about. If financial assistance is needed for this additional membership, the chapter is willing to provide.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a skills clinic? At Boundary Oak, the girls will break up into small groups and travel around in a circuit, learning putting, chipping, and full swing from the different instructors. The girls will learn the swing fundamentals, plus rules and etiquette and have a chance to practice on the course. Play days are also offered throughout the year at various sites, $5 green fees not included.
2. Will my daughter need to buy her own clubs? No. We have plenty of clubs to loan, but some girls have their own clubs because they love the game so much!
3. What is the proper attire? Golf shoes are not needed, but closed toed, flat soled shoes are required. Also, please tie your daughter's hair up to keep it out of her face.
4. What if I don't send in my membership fee in before the first event? You may not receive the LPGA/USGA gift pack until late in the year.
For more information on joining our program, please contact Monica Sanders, LPGA, Girls Golf Site Director, at: Monica@tftccs.org