LPGA-USGA Girls Golf
LPGA-USGA Girls Golf, a developmental junior golf program for girls ages 7-17, was formed to create a network for girls to learn to play golf, build friendships and sample competition in a positive and supportive learning environment. Girls work with an LPGA or PGA instructor to learn the basics in rules, etiquette, full swing, short game and putting. All levels of experience are welcome!
Being A Girls Golf Member Comes With Perks!
LPGA-USGA Girls Golf membership benefits include:
- Quality junior instruction from LPGA/PGA Professionals
- An LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Membership Kit (Equipped with Girls Golf logoed golf accessories)
- FREE entry inot all LPGA, Symetra, and USGA Championships
- Scholarship opportunities through the LPGA Foundation
- Access to National Girls Golf events, including the Grils Golf Academy
- LPGA-USGA Girls Golf e-Newsletters
How To Sign Up:
- Go to LPGA Girls Golf website at http://tinyrul.com/nmxsnly and follow the instruction to sing up. At the end you will be asked to pay $16/daughter for the LPGA National Membership. Please explore the many tabs on teh website so you can see what the national program is about.
- After providing your information online in Step #1 above, there is no need for any paper applications. The cost of our program for the entire season is $100 ($90 per additional daughter) and includes instructor fees, range balls, and green fees. Please make your check or money order payable to WCCPF-Girls Golf and in the memo line, write your daughter(s) name(s).
- Mail the check to WCCPF-Girls Golf, PO Box 31156, Walnut Creek, CA 94598. Please remeber to include your daughter(s) name(s).
- "WCCPF" stands for the Walnut Creek Civic Pride Foundation, which is the nonprofit that helps to fund our Girls Golf program. For more information, their webiste is www.wccivicpride.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a skills clinic? At Boundary Oak, the girls will break up into small groups and travel around in a circuit, learning putting, chipping, and full swing from the different instructors. At Grayson Woods, the girls will learn the swing fundamentals, plus rules and etiquette and have a chance to practice on the course. The LPGA is providing us with a new curriculum book this year that will make the clinics even more fun.
2. Will my daughter need to buy her own clubs? No. We have plenty of clubs to loan, but some girls have their own clubs because they love the game so much!
3. What is the proper attire? Golf shoes are not needed, but comfortable, tasteful clothing is recommended. Also, please tie your daughter's hair up to keep it out of her face.
4. What is the cost for the summer camps? The camps are totally optional, and the cost will be somewhere around $200 for the week with a discount for siblings.
5. What if I don't send in my membership fee in before teh first event? You can bring the check with you to the first event.