CourseCo is an equal opportunity employer that actively encourages employment of men and women of talent from diverse backgrounds. Our efforts to employ the highest quality workforce, reflecting maximum gender and ethnic diversity, is a philosophical and business principle of our company. We believe our efforts to build teams from diverse elements make our lives and work more interesting and our products better.
Boundary Oak Golf Course
Sales Director, Weddings and Special Events
Are you Passionate, Driven, Ambitious? Do you like to bring fun to your work and have creative ideas that put a special touch on everything you do?
Do you thrive in an environment where you are accountable for delivering results and are motivated to make Boundary Oak Golf Course a preferred location in the marketplace?
If you are inspired by a commitment to deliver a wedding and special event experience that exceeds the expectations of our guests, the Sales Director position at Boundary Oak Golf Course might be just what you're looking for.
- Develops comprehensive knowledge of customer and market needs
- Executes the sales plan using effective sales techniques
- Generates leads; primarily uses telemarketing and networking through current customers for lead generation but may attend trade shows and industry events
- Converts prospects to clients; successfully conducts telephone sales calls to both new and existing customers, and uses effective closing techniques
- Identifies customer needs and uses in-depth product knowledge to prepare winning proposals. Balances Company and customer needs to create win/win situations
- Convincingly presents proposals over the phone and in person during site inspections and appointments
- Successfully up-sells existing clients to higher value items
- Handles objections and solves customer problems
- Establish relationship with associations/business organizations (e.g. Chamber of Commerce, Convention & Visitors Bureau) and generate referrals
- Ensures prompt responses to customer inquiries within 24 hours.
- Ensures complete and accurate product details are communicated to the operations team to ensure proper execution of product promised
- Follows up with customer within 24 hours after the event to further develop the account and to gain testimonials.
- Uses customer relationship software to effectively plan and manage the activities in the assigned markets and to track productivity of these sales activities
- Maintains proper personal organization; manages time well, sets appropriate work priorities, and maintains accurate records
- Works with Sales Assistant to collect payments; maintains accounts receivable within aging guidelines
- Attend applicable meetings as designated or necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
Job Specifications / qualifications:
- Minimum of 1-2 years total sales experience
- Prefer bachelor’s degree preferably in a discipline related to the work of the position OR Associates Degree with 1-2 years additional sales experience
- Prefer hospitality experience but not required
- Moderate computer skills are essential; will frequently work with Microsoft office products as well as CRM software.
- Analytical skills required to identify and exploit selling opportunities
- Sells primarily by telephone; must have excellent oral communication skills
- Proposal writing is required, must communicate effectively in written form
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by job responsibility.
- Must have ability to persuade and influence people
- Must have proven leadership skills
- Must be able to listen effectively, assesses the situation, determine relevant issues, identify solutions and gain consensus.
- Satisfactory background check