Boundary Oak Golf Course
Sales Director, Weddings and Special Events
Are you Passionate, Driven, Ambitious? Do you like to bring fun to your work and have creative ideas that put a special touch on everything you do?
Do you thrive in an environment where you are accountable for delivering results and are motivated to make Boundary Oak Golf Course a preferred location in the marketplace?
If you are inspired by a commitment to deliver a wedding and special event experience that exceeds the expectations of our guests, the Sales Director position at Boundary Oak Golf Course might be just what you're looking for.
- Develops comprehensive knowledge of customer and market needs
- Executes the sales plan using effective sales techniques
- Generates leads; primarily uses telemarketing and networking through current customers for lead generation but may attend trade shows and industry events
- Converts prospects to clients; successfully conducts telephone sales calls to both new and existing customers, and uses effective closing techniques
- Identifies customer needs and uses in-depth product knowledge to prepare winning proposals. Balances Company and customer needs to create win/win situations
- Convincingly presents proposals over the phone and in person during site inspections and appointments
- Successfully up-sells existing clients to higher value items
- Handles objections and solves customer problems
- Establish relationship with associations/business organizations (e.g. Chamber of Commerce, Convention & Visitors Bureau) and generate referrals
- Ensures prompt responses to customer inquiries within 24 hours.
- Ensures complete and accurate product details are communicated to the operations team to ensure proper execution of product promised
- Follows up with customer within 24 hours after the event to further develop the account and to gain testimonials.
- Uses customer relationship software to effectively plan and manage the activities in the assigned markets and to track productivity of these sales activities
- Maintains proper personal organization; manages time well, sets appropriate work priorities, and maintains accurate records
- Works with Sales Assistant to collect payments; maintains accounts receivable within aging guidelines
- Attend applicable meetings as designated or necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
Job Specifications / qualifications:
- Minimum of 1-2 years total sales experience
- Prefer bachelor’s degree preferably in a discipline related to the work of the position OR Associates Degree with 1-2 years additional sales experience
- Prefer hospitality experience but not required
- Moderate computer skills are essential; will frequently work with Microsoft office products as well as CRM software.
- Analytical skills required to identify and exploit selling opportunities
- Sells primarily by telephone; must have excellent oral communication skills
- Proposal writing is required, must communicate effectively in written form
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by job responsibility.
- Must have ability to persuade and influence people
- Must have proven leadership skills
- Must be able to listen effectively, assesses the situation, determine relevant issues, identify solutions and gain consensus.
- Satisfactory background check